At InSIST Global, we recognize quality, excellence, creativity, and outstanding customer service; therefore, our staff consists of individuals who demonstrate professionalism and are determined to provide our clients with nothing but the best service. We encourage creative individuals who are open to learning and experiencing new things. We also encourage our staff to grow and prepare them of the many challenges this market has to offer. Working at InSIST Global opens up the doors for greater opportunities and our staff is able to learn and go beyond the scope of their responsibilities. We welcome people who are determined, motivated, creative, and do not fear change. At InSIST Global, we do not discriminate and we ensure that we have an equal employee opportunity for each individual.
|“Coming from an Economics and Marketing background, I was given an opportunity to work in a technology company without any experience, and not really knowing exactly what I wanted to do; however, InSIST gave me the chance to start at ground level and excel to the best I can be. Learning in the industry never ends, but with the team work environment that InSIST promotes actually makes it exciting and it's preparing me for what lies ahead.”
Fatou Jobarteh, Product Development Manager
"Working with InSIST Global has been a career building journey for me, since I joined the company as a fresh and inexperienced college graduate. InSIST Global gives room for its staff to learn and express themselves. The staff is like family, always supporting and motivating one another in every situation. InSIST Global has a very conducive working environment. Management welcomes all ideas, and gives each and everyone an opportunity to grow."
Babucarr Sanneh, Sales Officer
|"I started working with InSIST Global as an intern while still in the University, and was offered a full-time position right after graduation. I felt like I was being offered a great opportunity to grow, with a new and innovative company, and indeed it is. I work with such a great group of people, and that makes it fun to come to work every day; I also enjoy the challenge of it all. The support system put in place is great! It promotes freedom and autonomy, as well as ensuring that each employee is successful. InSIST Global has an environment that allows you to grow and learn about different aspects of the business, and most importantly, we are not treated as subordinates, but rather as a team. There's no other place I'd rather work."
Kumbale Goode, Quality Assurance Engineer
|At InSIST Global, we have created an internship program that gives the university students an opportunity to work in the software engineering field. We offer our interns the necessary training, and prepare them for the real world after graduation. At InSIST Global, we believe that the country's future is in the hands of the younger generation; therefore, we take pride in giving these students the chance in improving their skills, and be confident in their chosen career paths.
If you are interested in joining our internship program, please contact us on email@example.com.
|"Interning at InSIST Global has broadened my knowledge in the area of Software Developing and beyond. The work environment is conducive, and the employees are pleasant, and always ready to help us out, whenever we are stuck. InSIST Global gives room for young people to grow and acquire knowledge. The time i have spent interning at InSIST Global will always be a memorable one because they have helped build my foundation in software developing."
Foday Sesay, Software Development Intern
TERMS OF REFERENCE
POSITION: QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
InSIST Global is a Gambian-owned software development company that specializes in business information management. It was established in 2011 to help organizations manage the complex flow of information and business processes. It has developed unique products to address the increasingly complex demands of todays business environment. InSIST Global also offers IT Consulting services that are aimed at streamlining business operations.
InSIST Global, builds software from the ground up; this means all the engineers are local and the staff comprises of graduates from the University of The Gambia in various fields.
The Quality Assurance Engineer develops and executes software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes, with the objective of improving overall software quality.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 2-4 years of experience in the field/ a related area .
Students in their final year in the specified field are also eligible
- Should be quick on their feet and good under pressure
- Should understand the software development life cycle
- Must have the ability to solve problems creatively
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly in writing, on phone, and in person
- Must be willing and able to create and adapt to new technologies
- Must be motivated and willing to learn and take on new ideas
- Must have a flexible approach in solving problems.
- He/She must have a good verbal and written communication skill
- Must possess a good stress tolerance level
- Must be goal oriented and a self starter
- Strong understanding of technical problems
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Design or develop automated testing tools.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, and usability testing.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Document test procedures to ensure duplicability and compliance with standards.
- Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking.
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance.
- Install, maintain, or use software testing programs.
- Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
- Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
- Update automated test scripts to ensure currency.
- Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Coordinate user or third party testing.
- Conduct historical analysis of test results.
- Provide technical support during software installation or configuration.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, completeness, and to mitigate risks.